What better place to tackle your holiday shopping list than the villages around the Cape? Warm, cozy Cape Cod rentals offer an excellent getaway while you peruse the shops, visit quaint towns, and celebrate the holiday season.
The region exudes a charm you can only find in the northeast, making it the perfect place to find unique gifts that will delight friends and family. A visit to the Cape for holiday shopping only adds to the magic of the season.
Whether you prefer browsing small, independent boutiques or scouring malls and outlets for the best deals, you’ll find what you’re looking for on a Cape Cod shopping trip. From one end of the island to the other, the options for holiday gifts are unlimited.
If you’re looking for Christmas shops for your holiday in Cape Cod, here are a few stores that celebrate the season in style. Despite their holiday-inspired decor, these shops are open year-round.
- Christmas Joy of Chatham: You can experience Christmas every day at this shop dedicated to all the joys of the season. It is located at 2624 Main St. (Route 28) in Hyannis.
- Christmas Tree Shops: There are several Christmas Tree Shops across the Cape for your convenience. You’ll find ornaments, decorations, and fun wrapping paper, plus great stocking stuffer ideas.
- Snow Goose Gift Shop: The Snow Goose isn’t entirely Christmas-themed, but has a variety of Cape-inspired products that will make your friends and family want to visit the island for themselves. The shop is located at 554 Route 28 in Harwich Port.
Main Street in the towns of Falmouth, Harwich Port, Hyannis, Chatham, and Provincetown are well known for its quaint boutiques, art galleries, bookstores, and other local emporiums. Here are just a few of the stores you’ll come across when you visit:
- The Grey House at 586 Main St., Harwich Port, is a combination of trendy clothing, Cape Cod style home décor, nautical artwork, and more.
- Artist-in-residence William Hugh Lutz might be at work if you visit his gallery at 584 Main St., Harwich Port. Lutz specializes in beach portraits.
- For the animal lovers in your life, Monomoy Horse and Dog is the place to go. You’ll find tack, treats, equestrian apparel, bridles, dog toys, and beds at 580 Main St., Harwich Port.
- Ben and Bill’s Chocolate Emporium is a family-owned confectionery shop with treats made using family recipes and the best ingredients, right on Main Street in Falmouth.
- Readers will love Eight Cousins Books. They have an extensive collection of children’s books, adult fiction, toys, and music.
- Black Whale Gallery in Hyannis is dedicated to the work of local artists. Scrimshaw – art carved from whalebone – by Nancy Lyon and the photography of Amy Addison, whose subjects are nautical-themed, are on display.
- Mermaids on Main is a charming Chatham shop specializing in apparel, home décor, and nautical decorations.
While Cape Cod might be best known for its independent, local stores, it’s also a great destination for outlet shopping. Spend an afternoon searching for great deals on brand-name products. These include:
- Cape Cod Mall
- Westies Shoe Outlet
- L.L. Bean Outlet
- Bass Shoes Outlet
- Summerhouse Natural Soaps
- Nike Factory Store
- Vanity Fair Store
These are just a few of the abundant shopping options you’ll find on Cape Cod. Reserve your vacation rental now and enjoy the spirit of the season while you shop and relax. Give your family the gift of a holiday in Cape Cod. Visit, shop, and enjoy the season with family and friends in a cozy vacation home. Check out available rentals online, or give us a call today.